Before your child uses that new bicycle, the most important things to equip him or her with is a properly-fitted helmet and a basic knowledge of bicycle safety.
Here are suggestions, courtesy of the International Bicycle Fund:- Always wear a bicycle helmet.
- Never bike in the road or on a busy street. Stay on the sidewalk.
- Stop and look for cars at any intersection before crossing.
- Although biking on the sidewalk, always ride in the same direction as traffic, and follow all road signs.
- Try to keep both hands on the bike handles at all times.
- Don't ride at night, and wear bright clothing -- even during daylight.
Sourse - HealthDay News
| Tags: Children's Health |
Labels: Children's Health